Club and Officer Information
This page explains what updates Toastmasters clubs need to complete by 30 June each year, or when club or officer details change.
Updating your club information
Following club officer elections in May (or whenever details change), it is important that all clubs update their club and member contact details in the following websites:
- Toastmasters New Zealand
- Toastmasters International
Full instructions are provided below. Please print this notice for reference or send/hand to the club officer who will be actioning the updates.
You should check and print your club listings in both systems first, before preparing and actioning your updates.
(A) Updating your club details on the New Zealand Club Finder
All clubs and district officer information are stored in the Club Finder.
Register your 2016-2017 Club information on the New Zealand Club Finder site.
As soon as your club has held its Annual Business Meeting (ABM) to elect their new Executive, you need to update up to three areas of the District Directory:
- Officer names and contact details (for President, VP Education and VP Membership)
- Email redirections
- The address to which New Member Kits will be sent
You can also add your club's Facebook page and your officers' Skype addresses if you wish. You can still make any other changes to the existing information as needed; the new information will be merged in at the end of June.
You will see a new page on your Members' Menu called "Club Editor - 2016/2017" to accept these updates. The 2016/2017 editor will work in the same way as the current one, and will recognise any alignment changes ratified at the May Convention.
To sign on to the Club Finder, you will need your membership number and the email address you gave TI. Please refer to the video links for an overview of this process. Any current club officer can make these changes. For help, there are two points of contact:
- For questions about logging in, please ask email@example.com, putting "Club Finder Login" plus your club name and number in the subject of the email.
- For all other inquiries, please ask your Area Director first. You will be able to find those appointed for the next year by using a 2016/2017 version of the "People Finder" in the Members' Menu.
Division Directors will be able to compare entries across both years, in order to be able to offer help where needed.
Don't forget to update your club information on the World Headquarters website as well from the next set of instructions.
(B) Updating your club details on the Toastmasters International Club Finder
All clubs need to inspect their club listing on the Toastmasters International Club Finder including their location marker in Google Maps, and then update their details as necessary.
A club officer will then need to login using their personal membership number and password to update their club's meeting details as follows:
- correctly type your club meeting venue address in the Place and City boxes, remembering that this data is used to build the town/city drop down list (See note 1 below)*
- accurately specify your club meeting venue address or location on the Google mapping function by sticking the pin in the right place, and pasting the location code into the window provided. You should then double-check your location marker on the front end of the WHQ website by listing your club in the Club Finder and checking where the Toastmasters logo appears, to ensure that the map doesn't have your meeting venue on a mountain or in the wop wops in some random country on the other side of the world! (See note 2 below)**
- remove any personal email addresses, and replace with the club's New Zealand generic toastmasters club email address
- update any contact phone numbers, meeting days and times, and club website address if they have changed
*1 The WHQ database takes the 2nd address field and uses that to build the drop down list of town/cities, so you should type a city in this field, not a suburb.
**2 If you spend a couple of minutes testing the listings you will figure out how to pin your club location for a more accurate result!
Updating your Club Website
All clubs with a website should plan for updating the club's contact details for the new committee. Your club website is found by prospective new members from links on the WHQ or NZ club finder. If your website is not listed, please advise the District Webmaster. This task is for your Club Webmaster.
Want to know more?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for all other enquiries or if you need help to ensure your club listing is correct.