Toastmaster of the Year Award
This page describes the District 72 New Zealand Toastmaster of the Year Award (Ken Haines Award) and the criteria for entry from the District 72 Procedures. It also includes guidelines for Clubs who wish to award a Club Toastmaster of the Year award. Awarded in November.
Ken Haines, an early member of Hastings Toastmasters, donated the trophy. An active member, he was President of the Club. He was District 72 Toastmaster of the Year in 1976 and 1977.
The District 72 Ken Haines Award is awarded to a District 72 Toastmaster who has made a significant contribution towards the achievement of the District 72 goals and mission. These contributions can be (but are not limited to) in the area of:
- membership building;
- Club extension;
- education and training;
- public relations;
- commitment and support.
- A member must be nominated by another member, using the Toastmaster of the Year Nomination Form from the link below.
- Completed applications MUST HAVE BEEN with the Immediate Past District Director by the date publicised.
- Candidates must be a financial member, of a Club in District 72, at the time of application and presentation.
- Only achievements in District 72 for the Toastmasters year, beginning 1 July and ending 30 June will be considered. Achievements outside of this period will be disregarded.
- Where a claim cannot be verified from TI data, evidence needs to be supplied.
- Members who belong to multiple Clubs can combine their achievements (considered to be in the interest of District 72).
- To avoid double credit only activities which do not count towards an educational award gained in that year may be counted.
- Any Toastmaster who has received this award three times (consecutively or otherwise) is not eligible. They shall receive a permanent plaque which details the years in which the award was earned.
District Toastmaster of the Year Nomination Form
District Toastmaster of the Year - Tania Fraser DTM, Division J Director, presented by Immediate Past Distinguished District Director Carol Mitchell DTM.
Club Outstanding Toastmaster of the Year Award
Clubs can run their own Outstanding Toastmaster of the Year Award. Toastmasters International have prepared Outstanding Toastmaster Award guidelines which Clubs can use for this purpose.