"RUN THE RED" Speech Marathon
Waipuna Hotel and Conference Centre, 58 Waipuna Road,
Auckland NEW ZEALAND
April 21 - 26, 2019
On behalf of all Toastmasters, Auckland Advanced TMC will lead a challenge to the
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD SPEECH MARATHON (TEAM) RECORD OF 126hrs 28min
. . . Speak for 7 - 10 minutes or as long as you can get away with - practice that presentation, kill that keynote, smash that seminar (or all three!)
Be part of the Ultimate Team Event, over 300 Toastmasters showcasing their personal successes by speaking one after another for as long as they like!
PLEASE REGISTER ME - I'D LIKE TO TAKE PART! Watch our promotional video
If you can help with a donation to manage the costs, please go to:
Who can take part?
ANYBODY - we'll find you a job!
SPEAKERS must be paid up Toastmasters
TIMEKEEPERS must have timed an event before
WITNESSES must be "Independent" - see below
OTHER HELPERS must have read the Guinness guidelines
AUDIENCE must be in the room - bring your friends and whanau!
The event is split into consecutive 4 hour sessions and you can choose which session, or sessions, suits you.
SHOW THE AVAILABLE SESSIONS
Why should I take part?
The experience and opportunity to show your confience and speaking skills to a wider audience, to practice gving longer speeches and have them recognised in both Legacy and Pathways programs.
A chance to help make history. This record has never been challenged in this way before.
What else do I need to know?
- Rooms available for Toasties at Waipuna discounted to NZ$170.00 per night.
- Sunday April 21, Monday April 22 and Thursday April 25 are Public holidays in New Zealand.
- Some accommodation is available from supportive Auckland Toastmaster's homes. Email: email@example.com for details.
- Email Contact for further information is D112prm@toastmasters.org.nz
- The basics of the guidelines:
- Minimum speech time is 5 minutes - no maximum
- No more than 30 seconds between speeches
- Minimum four hour break between speeches
- Outline notes are fine, a read speech is not
- Speeches must be substantially different from each other
- If not sure, please ask!
More details on our information sheet below - or you can download the sheet here