The Toastmaster's Promise
This page has the Toastmaster's Promise. You agree to this when you sign a Membership Application Form.
Being a Toastmaster means more than simply making a commitment to self-development.
Everyone who joins a Toastmasters Club is making a commitment to the Club, to its members, and to the organization as a whole. In turn, the Club commits to helping you get the best out of your membership.
Words of the Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and your Club, I promise:
- To attend club meetings regularly
- To prepare all of my projects to the best of my ability, basing them on the Toastmasters education program
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations
- To help the club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow
- To serve my club as an officer when called upon to do so
- To treat my fellow club members and our guests with respect and courtesy
- To bring guests to club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters education and recognition programs
- To act within Toastmasters' core values of integrity, respect, service and excellence during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
Make sure you read the Promise before you sign a membership application form.
Your club may also highlight the Promise when you are formally welcomed to the club and receive your New Member Pack.
Links to More Resources
Read the Icebreaker Speech Assignment from the Toastmasters International website. This is the first speech you will deliver as a new Toastmaster.
Toastmasters International Membership Form (online pdf)
Why Join Toastmasters
How to Join Toastmasters