Jack Duffy Memorial Rosebowl
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN
District 72 is now seeking nominations for the Jack Duffy Memorial Rosebowl.
How valuable have you been in serving your community?
Nominations are now open for the Jack Duffy Memorial Rosebowl for Community Service - This is for the most outstanding contribution to the community, and/or community activity or activities raising the profile of Toastmasters by a Toastmasters Club between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020.
While the number of times a specific activity occurs is important, so is a range of different community based activities. Types of activity which may meet the criteria include (but are not limited to):
- Club presents a Youth Leadership programme.
- Club presents a Speechcraft course.
- A club member talks about Toastmasters either on TV or Radio (excluding phoning talkback).
- Members judge a school speech contest, or school debate contest.
- A member presents a speech to a non-Toastmasters audience and Toastmasters is highlighted either by the speaker, or when they are being introduced.
- An outside event e.g.: running a Local communication award, participating or chairing a public friendly debate, say with a Lions club, or a speaking engagement/activity as part of a local festival.
NOTE: Any of the activities listed above and any additional activities need to be supported with documentation showing that in fact the club has carried out the activity.
Questions to ask yourself when submitting your application:
- How has your club promoted Toastmasters in the community?
- What community events has your club been involved in?
- How has your club benefited your community?
- How is your club regarded by your community?