Pathways - our new way of learning
This page is a summary of material to help you get started with Pathways, including resources to help you choose your learning path. For more information, please go to www.toastmasters.org, and follow the Pathways link. Although there is a good publicly-available overview of the programme, you will need to sign on to your Toastmasters account in order to use Pathways.
Pathways consists of "Learning Paths", and each path has its own set of projects. All members can choose at least one free path; while TI has a lot of information about doing this, several Districts, including our own, have published resources aimed at minimising the amount of reading while deciding which path to choose.
Links to those resources are below. If you discover Pathways material (apart from that on www.toastmasters.org) which you find useful and would like to share, please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. All links open in new windows or tabs.
The Pathways Timeline
Pathways became available to every Toastmaster in Regions 10 and 12 (specifically, New Zealand and Australia) on December 6, 2017. What this means for you is:
- After that date, every new member will enroll on to Pathways
- Existing members can choose to start a new path under Pathways, continue with their existing goals, or do both
- The award you are working on will still be recognised - but
- You need to plan to complete what you are currently doing by mid-2020
- It is not yet clear exactly when existing manuals will cease to be available, but that will happen at some point (note the CC is already available on-line)
The above is important for members who wish to complete their DTM in the next couple of years. Although some of the Leadership components of current awards (such as service in a District role) can be transferred to the new Pathways Programme, educational awards can not.
Links to more information
If you would like to read more about Pathways, follow the link below to the Pathways webpages on the TI website, or sign into your Toastmasters account and explore "Base Camp".
TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL PATHWAYS OVERVIEW